Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Starbucks Caramel Macchiato Recipe {With Syrup Recipe}



Calling all caffeine addicts!
 I have got to share new obsession (that's what my family is calling it). Remember how I told you that my Hubby is a retired barista?! Well...here is our homemade Caramel Macchiato Recipe!!!  Just to explain a little something to help you understand the recipe, caramel macchiato's at Starbucks really should be called Vanilla Macchiatos  because the only caramel in them is the drizzle on top (which I am perfectly okay with because they taste like heaven). When I made this I did not have caramel drizzle so really mine is a vanilla drink but if you want grab some caramel sauce and drink away! (you can get the expensive stuff @ Starbucks store or online, or from you local grocery near the ice-cream topping sections) 
Well, without further ado...here it is:

Your first step is to create the syrup used to sweeten your yummy coffee, this recipe makes enough for a couple of coffee drinks so find a glass jar to store the leftovers in for next time.

Sweet Love Sugar Syrup:

Ingredients:

1 Cup of sugar
1/4 Cup Water
1 1/2 TSP. Vanilla

Instructions:

Bring your sugar and water to a boil on the stove. Do not stir, occasional lift your pan and swirl the mixture to help the sugar dissolve. Make sure the sugar is COMPLETELY dissolved in the water. (the first time I made this I was impatient, thus, my mixture stayed grainy with the undissolved sugar instead of making a complete "syrup".

Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Pour into your glass container. (I used a funnel but it really is not necessary...I just think funnels are cool)
AMAZING 
yes it's that easy!
 (I try & save some $ so I recycle containers. This glass jar was my old honey container, I removed the label and used the leftover paper on it to make my own label (not the cutest but it works. I have to prioritize my crafting projects. Maybe eventually I'll get to make a cuter label). I also added a little fabric to the make the bottle look as good as the syrup tastes =) I have been taking this to work with me to make caramel coffees for myself and co-workers..brownie points for me!

Carmel Macchiato:

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup of very dark coffee or espresso
1 Cup of Milk (lessen milk a little if you like a stronger coffee taste)
2 TLB of your Sweet Love Sugar Syrup
Whip Cream (optional)
Ice Cubes  (for real coffee lovers freeze some coffee in ice-cube trays for coffee ice-cubes)

Instructions:

Make your strong coffee or espresso, place in the fridge/freezer to help it cool while you work on getting everything else ready. I used Starbucks instant coffee packets I friend gave me. I just halved the amount of water it called for to get the darker coffee.


Place your milk and sugar sauce in your designated cup and stir to mix. Fill the cup with about 4-5 ice cubes (if your sugar sauce came out grainy and not fully dissolved like my first batch heat in the microwave then stir into the milk). 

Poor your coffee/espresso into your milk & ice
(If you want the layered look, like at Starbucks, pour the coffee into the milk down the back of a spoon) Top with whip-cream & your caramel sauce

CAUTION: May cause sugary,-caffeine excitement, drink with care.


Featured'

9 comments:

  1. Is this a weight loss drink????:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish weight loss drinks tasted this good!!! This is a drink that's good for the soul...not the hips...sorry ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! Can't wait to try it and give my purse a break

    http://www.almondandhoney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah me too, I had to put myself on a Starbucks budget! =) Hope this helps save your purse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love me some coffe but not the $5 price! This is going to save me so much money! Pinned it for later. Thanks! Julia @ www.juliakendrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia, I'm glad this helps! Let me know how it works for you or if you find any other creative ways to make this recipe work for us Starbucks lovers. I got spoiled when my Hubby worked @ Starbucks & I got free drinks. My now "normal" status has forced me to get creative with my coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Me too! I now have to work on perfecting a hazelnut syrup, yum. What do you think of the new hazelnut macchiato?

      Delete